Learn How to Tie the Orvis Tippet Knot From the Experts
Posted on September 27 2017
When you're fly fishing it's imperative to have a secure connection between your leader and your tippet. Instead of using the traditional Surgeon's Knot or Blood Knot, consider this knot from the people at Orvis.
Not a bad knot right? Here's the steps listed out for your review:
1. Lay the leader and tippet next to each other creating an overlap
2. Create a loop with both pieces and make it the size of a quarter
3. Take both ends and wrap them around the loop
4. Pull both ends through the loop, twice
5. Make sure the lines are moist then tug evenly and pull tight
Now you know about another knot to use on your next fly fishing trip. You no longer have to rely solely on the Blood Knot or Surgeon's Knot when securing tippet to the leader.