Barbecued chicken is a top dish for any summer dinner. Here is our favorite recipe we have found. Let us know in the comments if you like this grilled favorite as much as we do!
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut into 8 pieces each
- Salt and pepper
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Grill skin side down, uncovered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make barbecue sauce by heating oil over medium heat. Add onion; saute until tender. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 15-25 minutes longer, brushing frequently with sauce, until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in the breast and 170°-175° in the thigh.
1 serving: 370 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
All credit for this awesome recipe goes to Taste of Home. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/favorite-barbecued-chicken/