Looking for an indulgent, protein-packed breakfast? You’re in the right place. This super savory dish is delicious with roasted potatoes or hash browns.
1 1″-thick New York strip steak (about 13 oz.)
2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more for seasoning to taste
1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning to taste
3/4 tsp. smoked paprika, plus more for seasoning to taste
2 tbsp. butter
Roasted potatoes, for serving
Parsley, for serving
Dill, for serving
- Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Rub steak with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and season all over with 1 ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and ¾ teaspoon paprika.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, flipping once, until a deep golden crust begins to form on both sides of the steak, about 5 minutes total.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add butter to pan. Using a kitchen towel, carefully grip the skillet handle and tilt towards you so that the melting butter forms a pool at the bottom of the skillet. Using a spoon, continually baste butter onto steak to form a deeper golden crust. Flip steak and repeat, 2 to 3 minutes in total. Using a meat thermometer, check for doneness: 120-125°F for medium rare, 130°F for medium.
- Transfer steak onto a cutting board and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Crack egg into pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until white is set and edges are just beginning to brown. Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak into 1″ strips on a bias, against the grain.
- Serve steak with eggs and potatoes. Garnish with herbs and season with more salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
All credit for this awesome recipe goes to Delish. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a30433895/steak-and-eggs-recipe/