When the temperature rises and the season gets sizzling, a fresh seafood meal tastes like summer itself. Rich, tender crab meat works in a variety of versatile recipes, so grab a whole bunch of crustaceans, bust out the crackers, and get ready to dine in style. Add a few of these delicious crab dishes to your regular rotation and even professed seafood haters will come
- 01 Grilled Dungeness CrabDanita Delimont / Getty ImagesGrilling Dungeness crabs gives them a sweet, slightly smoky flavor and a spicy ginger, jalapeño, and garlic baste adds a little kick. If you use live crabs, look for lively, alert specimens for the best taste. You can also go with frozen, but thaw them completely in the refrigerator before tossing them on the grill.
- 02 Quick Seafood BisqueThe SpruceWhen the craving for crab hits, turn to this quick and easy seafood bisquethat combines tender crab with sweet shrimp in a creamy, classic soup. A little sherry gives it a lovely depth, and the whole thing comes together in under half an hour. If you like, add flaky white fish, lobster, scallops, or other seafood to the mix and serve with hot biscuits or crusty bread for dipping. On warm evenings, the soup also tastes great chilled.
- 03 Simple Crab SaladThe Spruce Eats / Diana ChistrugaA light and fresh crab salad showcases the tender meat’s natural sweetness. Spiced with Old Bay and dressed with mayonnaise and lemon juice, diced celery and bell peppers add color and crunch. This salad
- makes a lovely lunch or starter when paired with greens or spooned over avocadohalves.
- 04 Crab RangoonsThe Spruce / Leah MaroneyStart off a summer get-together with these crunchy crab rangoons with cream cheese. A little steak sauce gives flaky cooked crab an earthy kick and the cheese lends a nice creamy texture. They fry up in just a couple of minutes, so watch them carefully when cooking. Serve with sweet and sour sauce for dipping.Continue to 5 of 14 below.
- 05 Thai Crab SaladThe Spruce / Darlene SchmidtA creamy coconut-lime dressing gives this Thai-style crab salad an island flavor that will hit the spot on a hot day. Canned, frozen, or fresh crab all work fine in this recipe that features a whole spectrum of tastes and textures. A diced fresh red chili gives it a kick, but you can omit it if you prefer a milder dish.
All credit for these delicious recipes goes to The Spruce Eats.