Alright, listen up, fellow anglers! Today we’ve got some wicked cool ways to take your fishing rigs to the next level, and we’re doing it with a nifty little tool called the HitchHiker. Don’t let its small size fool you; this thing packs a punch and can add some serious game to your fishing game!
First things first, what the heck is a HitchHiker? It’s like a springy thingamajig that hooks up your soft plastic baits in a way that makes ’em irresistible to the fishies. Tru-Turn came up with this genius contraption, and it’s become a go-to for us fishing fanatics. So, let’s dive into some wicked awesome ways to use this baby:
- The Practice Buddy: If you’re a tournament angler looking to perfect your skills without hooking a fish, the HitchHiker is your secret weapon. Just screw it onto your line and into your soft plastic bait, and you can practice all you want without the risk of getting a fishy friend on the line.
- Tail Spin It: Want to add some extra flair to your bait? No problem! Grab a swivel with split rings, a little blade, and your trusty HitchHiker. Assemble the blade and split rings on one end of the swivel, and attach the HitchHiker to the other end. Twist that bad boy into the tail of your soft plastic, and voilà – you got yourself a tail spinner!
- Belly Blade Beauties: Not done yet with adding blades? You can also throw a blade on the belly of a big weedless swimbait or a soft plastic jerkbait. Twist the HitchHiker into the belly of your bait, and you’re set to rock and roll!
- Wacky Wonders: Spice up your soft plastic stickbaits by going wacky with the HitchHiker. Screw it into the midsection of your bait, clip it onto the bend of your hook, and you’ve got a whole new way to rig it. It’s wacky, it’s fun, and it’s gonna catch some serious fish!
- Hook It Up: Turn any hook into a fancy screwlock hook by using the HitchHiker. Screw it into the nose of your soft plastic, clip it through the eye of your hook, and you’ve got yourself a wicked toad or swimbait hook. This trick lets you use a larger hook with a bigger gap – that means more fish for you!
- Dummy Baits for the Win: Got some pesky umbrella rig regulations to deal with? No worries! Grab some HitchHikers and add a couple of swimbaits without hooks to your rig. These little dummies won’t mess with the hook count, and they’ll attract those bass like crazy!
- Trailer Time: Lastly, don’t forget about trailers! Whether it’s for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, or jigs, the HitchHiker’s got you covered. Screw it into your soft plastic trailer, clip it onto the bend of your hook, and let the fish feast on your well-prepared bait.
There you have it, folks – 7 wicked cool ways to hack your fishing rigs with the HitchHiker! Get creative, have fun, and share your own awesome ideas with us on social media. Tight lines, y’all! 🎣😎