Anglers all over the country know that walleye is one of the tastiest fish out there. If you’re looking for a new and fun way to prepare these fish check out the delicious Parmesan-Crusted Walleye Recipe below.
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of seafood seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 3 ounces of finely shredded Nordic Creamery Parmesan cheese (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 4 fillets of walleye or whitefish (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- Lemon wedges and tartar sauce for serving
- In a large and shallow bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and seafood seasoning.
- In another large and shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- In a third large and shallow bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs, finely shredded Nordic Creamery Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pat the walleye or whitefish fillets dry using paper towels.
- Coat each fillet in the flour mixture, ensuring an even coating.
- Dip the floured fillets into the beaten eggs, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Coat the fillets with the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture, making sure to shake off any excess coating between each step.
- Place the coated fillets on a baking sheet.
- In a large and heavy skillet, warm the canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Add two fillets to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the fish easily flakes.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining two fillets.
- Serve your delicious Parmesan-crusted walleye or whitefish with lemon wedges and tartar sauce for a flavorful meal.
As you can see this recipe is simple and won’t take all day to prepare, so try cooking this dish for you and yours today.