If you’re looking for a fresh way to prepare your Mahi Mahi, consider the taco recipe below. You’ll love the use of Avocado-Lime Slaw and Chipotle Aioli.
For the Avocado-Lime Slaw:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped (or 1 fresh jalapeno, cored and seeded)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. slaw mix
For the Chipotle Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chile powder (adjust for heat, use regular chili powder for less heat)
- Pinch of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Mahi Mahi:
- 1 1/4 lb mahi mahi fillets, skinless, cut into 12 pieces (or fresh tuna steak)
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish, for garnish
- 2 fresh jalapenos, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Hot sauce (e.g., Tabasco), for garnish
- Prepare the Avocado-Lime Slaw:
- In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, jalapeños, salt, and pepper. Pulse until well blended.
- Add the mayo-avocado mixture to the slaw mix and stir until fully coated. Set aside.
- Make the Chipotle Aioli:
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, minced garlic, lime juice, chipotle chile powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the Mahi Mahi:
- In a medium bowl, prepare the marinade by combining chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Add the mahi mahi pieces, ensuring they are coated with the marinade. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat your grill to high heat.
- Grill the Mahi Mahi:
- Place the marinated fish in a grill pan or cast iron skillet or thread each fish piece onto skewers. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Grill the fish, turning once, until they are opaque and just cooked through, about 8 minutes in total.
- Warm the Tortillas:
- Heat the tortillas directly on the grill rack or place them in aluminum foil and heat on the grill.
- Assemble the Tacos:
- Place the cooked fish in the warmed tortillas.
- Top with slaw, fresh cilantro, sliced radishes, chipotle aioli, sliced jalapenos, and hot sauce.
Now that you know how to make this delicious recipe, be sure to enjoy your delicious Mahi Mahi tacos with Avocado-Lime Slaw and Chipotle Aioli.