Surprisingly, bluegill is actually one of the tastiest fish to eat. Here we have our favorite way to cook a slab of gills for dinner, or anytime. Leave us a comment if you made this dish!
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds bluegill or crappie fillets
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs. Dip fillets in eggs, then coat with crumb mixture. Dip again in eggs and crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets in batches in 2 tablespoons oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, adding oil as needed.
4 ounce-weight: 473 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 325mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
All credit for this delicious recipe goes to Taste of Home. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fried-bluegill-fillets/