- 8 ounces macaroni I used ditalini pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups gruyere cheddar cheesegrated (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat see note
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic herb spices or thyme
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water to al dente doneness. You want them to be cooked but firm since they will continue cooking in the sauce. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter with the garlic. Allow to cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Whisk in the flour and allow to cook for several minutes to form a roux.
- Add the milk to the roux and whisk well to combine. Bring milk to a simmer and allow to cook for several minutes, continually whisking. It should thicken slightly. Remove from heat and stir in grated cheese, salt and pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add lobster meat and cooked pasta to the cheese sauce.
- Divide mac and cheese between 6 ramekins or transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and combine in a small dish with the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and herbs. Spread evenly over mac and cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot.
I used a gruyere cheddar blend from Trader Joe’s, but you can also do equal parts of gruyere and cheddar.Langostino can be used in place of lobster.
Calories: 622kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 1124mg | Potassium: 279mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 674mg | Iron: 1.3mg
All credit for this delicious recipe goes to Self-Proclaimed Foodie. https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/lobster-mac-and-cheese/