A knot all anglers shout be able to tie in a matter of seconds is the Palomar knot. It can be used with both spin and fly fishing setups. Below are the step-by-step instructions to tie this knot.
- Make a 10″ loop in the line, then pass it through the eye of your tackle.
- If the eye is big enough, pass the loop through a second time.
- Tie a simple overhand knot, but don’t pull it tight.
- Pass your tackle through the loop.
- Pull on your standing line to tighten the knot, then trim
Now you know all about tying an essential knot in the angling world. Next time you’re on the river try using it to secure your lure or fly.