It’s officially out of the bag, and this baked catfish recipe will likely be the last one you’ll ever need. Check out this simple yet delectable recipe you can use the next time you’re cooking catfish for you and yours.
- Catfish fillets
- Almond meal (or breadcrumbs)
- Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, cayenne pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C).
- In a shallow dish, mix almond meal (or breadcrumbs) with salt, pepper, and seasonings.
- Melt butter in another shallow dish.
- Dip each catfish fillet in the melted butter, then coat it with the almond meal mixture.
- Place the coated fillets on a greased roasting rack and spray them with avocado oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the catfish is crispy, golden on the outside, and tender inside.
Expert Tip: If your catfish fillets vary in thickness, consider slicing the thicker ones into thinner pieces for even cooking.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with roasted vegetables or steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
Storing Leftovers: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in a 300°F (150°C) oven or microwave gently to maintain crispiness.
As you can see this recipe is easy to make and won’t take all night to prepare. Try this out in your kitchen and let us know how your family enjoys this amazing dish.